A regional-scale numerical groundwater model was built using the MODFLOW-USG code to evaluate the changes in groundwater due to additional coal resource development in the Namoi subregion.
The groundwater model consists of up to nine hydrostratigraphic layers with the alluvium, Pilliga Sandstone, Hoskissons Coal and Maules Creek Formation explicitly included and other formations lumped into interburden layers. The modelling domain spans an area of about 59,000 km2 with thickness exceeding 1500 m. It is represented by a variable Voronoi mesh with a resolution of 300 m around coal resource developments and streams, increasing to 3000 m in areas remote from the coal resource developments and streams.
Product Finalisation date
- 126.96.36.199 Methods
- 188.8.131.52 Review of existing models
- 184.108.40.206 Model development
- 220.127.116.11 Boundary and initial conditions
- 18.104.22.168 Implementation of the coal resource development pathway
- 22.214.171.124 Parameterisation
- 126.96.36.199 Observations and predictions
- 188.8.131.52 Uncertainty analysis
- 184.108.40.206 Limitations
- Currency of scientific results
- Contributors to the Technical Programme
- About this technical product