Upper and lower limits of the storage parameters for various hydrogeological modelled in this (BA) were sourced from a review report by the University of Southern Queensland . The study summarised such parameters and features of existing models for assessing cumulative of CSG development in the Surat Basin. The initial specific yield (Sy) and specific storage (Ss) for the various hydrogeological formations and associated layers modelled in this were varied linearly with depth implementing the bounds listed in Table 7 (Bioregional Assessment Programme, ). For example, in layer 2 the initial Ss in each model cell was changed linearly with depth from 1 x 10–6 to 1 x 10–4 m–1. These parameters were adjusted during model and analysis by implementing the multipliers listed in Table 6. The storage parameters, in particular the ones with the targeted coal seams, control the propagation of pressure. The ranges of the multipliers in Table 6 were selected conservatively to the best knowledge of the authors to avoid underestimation.
Table 7 Specific yield (Sy) and specific storage (Ss) ranges
Sy is not required for confined hydrogeological units.
Product Finalisation date
- 184.108.40.206 Methods
- 220.127.116.11 Review of existing models
- 18.104.22.168 Model development
- 22.214.171.124 Boundary and initial conditions
- 126.96.36.199 Implementation of the coal resource development pathway
- 188.8.131.52 Parameterisation
- 184.108.40.206 Observations and predictions
- 220.127.116.11 Uncertainty analysis
- 18.104.22.168 Limitations and conclusions
- Contributors to the Technical Programme
- About this technical product