Wetlands in large areas of the Cooper are not adequately mapped. There is about mapping in much of the PAE; the data have often not been validated by ground truthing to verify the accuracy of desktop-based assessments. The separation between groundwater-dependent and surface water-dependent wetlands may not always be accurate. There is also a of differences in understanding of across state borders. In many areas there is little knowledge of surface water – groundwater interactions.
Subsurface (SGDEs) have not been adequately surveyed within the PAE and are not adequately represented in the landscape classification process. This is known to be a widespread issue (e.g. ). Specific landscape features are often not adequately mapped. An example of a gap in knowledge is the mapping of waterholes and rockholes within the Cooper PAE. Such gaps are likely to be widespread.
Product Finalisation date
- 2.3.1 Methods
- 2.3.2 Summary of key system components, processes and interactions
- 2.3.3 Ecosystems
- 2.3.4 Baseline and coal resource development pathway
- 2.3.5 Conceptual models of causal pathways
- Contributors to the Technical Programme
- About this technical product