No information on water management is available as the Hyde Park coal project is not at an EIS stage. The Hyde Park Coal Project will be included in the modelled(for further detail see Section 2.3.4 in companion product 2.3 for the Galilee subregion ( )).
presents a conceptual mine plan of the Hyde Park Coal Project. It outlines some of the following features:
- buffers between natural drainage lines and proposed open-pit areas, to preserve the existing drainage through the mine area
- a series of water storage dams situated away from natural drainage lines in the mine area.
Hyde Park Coal Project will be an open-cut mining operation. It is possible that the Hyde Park Coal Project water management system could have similar components and processes to those envisaged for the Alpha Coal Project mine water management system (see Section 18.104.22.168).
Product Finalisation date
- 2.1.1 Geography
- 2.1.2 Geology
- 2.1.3 Hydrogeology and groundwater quality
- 2.1.4 Surface water hydrology and water quality
- 2.1.5 Surface water – groundwater interactions
- 2.1.6 Water management for coal resource developments
- Currency of scientific results
- Contributors to the Technical Programme
- About this technical product