- Bioregional Assessment Program
- Central West subregion
- 1.3 Water-dependent asset register for the Central West subregion
The water-dependent asset register is a list of water-dependent assets in the Central-West subregion. The water-dependent asset register was current in August 2015.
There are 910 water-dependent assets identified in the Central West subregion and included in the water-dependent asset register.
Ecological water-dependent assets
There are 772 ecological water-dependent assets on the water-dependent asset register for the Central West subregion, some of which are protected under Commonwealth and New South Wales legislation. They include:
- the habitat of 26 threatened or endangered species
- three globally important habitats for birds
- six threatened ecosystems
- 12 assets that rely on groundwater, including aquifers and recharge zones.
Economic water-dependent assets
There are 93 economic water-dependent assets on the water-dependent asset register for the Central West subregion. This includes water access rights and water sharing plans.
Sociocultural water-dependent assets
There are 45 sociocultural water-dependent assets on the water-dependent asset register for the Central West subregion. These include:
- 16 heritage sites
- 18 Indigenous sites
- 11 recreational sites.
A separate report on Indigenous water assets in New South Wales is available. It includes information that is relevant to this product and contributes to this bioregional assessment.
- 1.3.1 Methods
- 1.3.2 Ecological assets
- 1.3.3 Economic assets
- 1.3.4 Sociocultural assets
- Contributors to the Technical Programme
- About this technical product