This section summarises the conceptual understanding of geological and hydrogeological characteristics of the deep and shallow units in the Namoi subregion and how they interact with each other, building on the knowledge reported in companion products 1.1, 1.2, 1.5 and 2.1-2.2 for the Namoi subregion (Welsh et al., 2014; Northey et al., 2014; Peña-Arancibia et al., 2016; and Aryal et al., 2018a, respectively).
This section also describes key system components, processes and interactions – specifically, the connectivity between deep and shallow aquifer systems – and their connectivity to surface water systems, thus identifying potential pathways through which water-dependent assets may be impacted by coal resource development in the Namoi subregion. The conceptual understanding presented here is regional in scope, bringing together current geological components of the Gunnedah and Surat basins, and alluvial groundwater systems.
Product Finalisation date
- 2.3.1 Methods
- 2.3.2 Summary of key system components, processes and interactions
- 2.3.3 Ecosystems
- 2.3.4 Coal resource development pathway
- 2.3.5 Conceptual modelling of causal pathways
- Currency of scientific results
- Contributors to the Technical Programme
- About this technical product