Very little coal exploration has been undertaken in the Gwydir subregion. Two confirmed coal exploration boreholes (Figure 3) were listed by ‘MinView’ (NSW DTI, 2014a) in the subregion (22July 2014). These boreholes were drilled in 1975 by the NSW Government Department of Mineral Resources. No exploration reports are available at present and no coal mining is presently taking place and therefore, information on coal resources in this subregion is sparse.
Product Finalisation date
- 1.2.1 Available coal and coal seam gas resources
- 1.2.2 Current activity and tenements
- 1.2.3 Proposals and exploration
- 1.2.4 Catalogue of potential resource developments
- Contributors to the Technical Programme
- About this technical product