126.96.36.199.4.1 Analytic element model
Direct evaporation is not incorporated in the . Direct evaporation occurs where the is in proximity to the surface. This is not likely in the surface weathered and fractured rock layer where the regional watertable is generally several metres below the surface ().
Not incorporating evaporation is again in line with the precautionary principle. An evaporation top boundary de facto provides an upper limit to the simulated levels. By not incorporating this top boundary, the can only be over estimated.
188.8.131.52.4.2 Alluvial MODFLOW models
Within the alluvium are shallower and direct evaporation is more likely. For past and future 30-year blocks, a value of half the measured pan evaporation was imposed as potential evaporation at the ground surface, with a linear extinction depth set to 2 m constant across the domain, that is, any at 2 m depth or deeper is not subject to evaporation.
Product Finalisation date
- 184.108.40.206 Methods
- 220.127.116.11 Review of existing models
- 18.104.22.168 Model development
- 22.214.171.124 Boundary and initial conditions
- 126.96.36.199 Implementation of coal resource development pathway
- 188.8.131.52 Parameterisation
- 184.108.40.206 Observations and predictions
- 220.127.116.11 Uncertainty analysis
- 18.104.22.168 Limitations and conclusions
- Currency of scientific results
- Contributors to the Technical Programme
- About this technical product