No observed datasets that specifically represent surface water – groundwater interactions in the Hunter subregion have been used in the hydrological modelling of the Hunter subregion.
A number of methods for estimating the groundwater contribution to streamflow are used to explore the variability in the baseflow index in the Hunter subregion. The estimates vary widely, from around 15 to 66% of streamflow, depending on the method and assumptions made.
Results of this analysis have been used to constrain groundwater modelling results, reported in companion product 2.6.2 (groundwater numerical modelling) for the Hunter subregion ().
Product Finalisation date
- 2.1.1 Geography
- 2.1.2 Geology
- 2.1.3 Hydrogeology and groundwater quality
- 2.1.4 Surface water hydrology and water quality
- 2.1.5 Surface water – groundwater interactions
- 2.1.6 Water management for coal resource developments
- Currency of scientific results
- Contributors to the Technical Programme
- About this technical product