Incorporating new data or well data not publicly available at the cut-off date of November 2013 could help to better constrain the geological framework of the Gloucester subregion. A list of the deep well reports that are either recently publicly released or that are going to be released in the coming years follows:
- Well Completion Report Craven 7 PEL 285 – NSW
- Well Completion Report Gloucester 1 PEL 285 – NSW
- Well completion report Wards River 2 PEL 285 – NSW
- Well completion report Waukivory 11 (WK11) PEL 285 – NSW
- Well completion report Waukivory 12 (WK12) PEL 285 – NSW
- Well completion report Waukivory 13 (WK13) PEL 285 – NSW
- Well completion report Waukivory 14 (WK14) PEL 285 – NSW
- Well completion report Pontlands 3 (PL03) PEL 285 – NSW.
Some other two-dimensional and three-dimensional seismic reflection data have also been acquired by the companies in the Gloucester subregion:
However, using information from these reports was not possible due to the lack of publicly available interpretation of data. Proposing a new interpretation of these datasets would require a program of seismic interpretation and calibration with available well logs. This work could be in scope for a new phase of Gloucester subregion geological modelling.
In 2013, AGL acquired helicopter-borne magnetic and radiometric data for a large part of the geological Gloucester Basin. These data are not currently available (as of November 2013) to the Assessment team. The magnetic data in particular would be very helpful in improving geological models of the Gloucester subregion.
The geological model proposed in Section 220.127.116.11 is one possibility among many. Note that the location and orientation of most faults are unknown. This model can be updated with a stochastic distribution of the faults. Additionally, the lithology and the facies can be implemented to study flow properties and . For instance, a sub-seismic dataset, conditioned by the fault population, can be used to test the potential impact faults could have on the 3D coal connectivity at the scale of a prospect.
Product Finalisation date
- 2.1.1 Geography
- 2.1.2 Geology
- 2.1.3 Hydrogeology and groundwater quality
- 2.1.4 Surface water hydrology and water quality
- 2.1.5 Surface water – groundwater interactions
- 2.1.6 Water management for coal resource developments
- Currency of scientific results
- Contributors to the Technical Programme
- About this technical product