As of November 2014, one operating coal mine occurs within the Clarence‑Moreton bioregion. This coal mine, Jeebropilly Mine, is located west of Ipswich in south-east Queensland. Another coal mine, New Oakleigh Mine, ceased operations in January 2013 and is currently undergoing revegetation and rehabilitation.
As of November 2014, there is no coal seam gas (CSG) production for commercial purposes in the Clarence‑Moreton bioregion. Some CSG production occurs for pilot testing and this information is discussed in Section 188.8.131.52 .
Product Finalisation date
- 1.2.1 Available coal and coal seam gas resources
- 1.2.2 Current activity and tenements
- 1.2.3 Proposals and exploration
- 1.2.4 Catalogue of potential resource developments
- Appendix A
- Contributors to the Technical Programme
- About this technical product